• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

PBS program on Microbiome (including Fecal Transplant), 5-2-18

RWP (Rest without Peace)

@RYO

All I can say is, "Poor mice!"

Actually, I'm trying to complete a 3-part series (Part 1 link is below) addressing this whole issue from another angle (without needing to do a Fecal Transplant). So I prefer another approach to fix the same problem. If you decide to read it, you may not automatically sense the relevance to this current thread (microbiome), but I'm hoping you will once all 3 parts are complete.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/pt-1-cancer-mcs-and-me.2359/

RWP

RWP (Rest without Peace)

Thanks. I found several threads.

It would be interesting if the NIH could perform experiments transplanting microbiome from ME/CFS patients into mice to see if it induces symptoms.

@RYO

I have an even better idea! How about we transplant microbiome from ME/CFS patients into the leadership of the NIH! That way, I'm sure we'd get some ME research!

(I say this purely in jest. Otherwise, it would constitute a deadly threat to officials in the govt. We already can't donate blood due to our pathogen problem as far as I know.)

RWP