August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

PBS program on Microbiome (including Fecal Transplant), 5-2-18

Discussion in 'Other Health News and Research' started by RWP (Rest without Peace), May 3, 2018.

1. RWP (Rest without Peace)

RWP (Rest without Peace) Senior Member

We watched this last night. Most of this info would be familiar to patients using this site, but it is tangentially related to ME/CFS. The causative link between the microbiome and our illness (ME) has been known for decades, just now being fully researched and "accepted."

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/nova/wonders/#living-in-you

ljimbo423 likes this.
  2. RYO

RYO Senior Member

USA
    Has anyone undergone FMT?

3. RWP (Rest without Peace)

@RYO

There may be specific threads addressing FMT under TREATMENT. I thought I've seen them and patient responses. I'm not sure where.

RWP + PWR

mrquasar likes this.
  4. RYO

RYO Senior Member

USA
    Thanks. I found several threads.

It would be interesting if the NIH could perform experiments transplanting microbiome from ME/CFS patients into mice to see if it induces symptoms.

5. RWP (Rest without Peace)

@RYO

All I can say is, "Poor mice!"

Actually, I'm trying to complete a 3-part series (Part 1 link is below) addressing this whole issue from another angle (without needing to do a Fecal Transplant). So I prefer another approach to fix the same problem. If you decide to read it, you may not automatically sense the relevance to this current thread (microbiome), but I'm hoping you will once all 3 parts are complete.

http://forums.phoenixrising.me/index.php?entries/pt-1-cancer-mcs-and-me.2359/

RWP

6. RWP (Rest without Peace)

@RYO

I have an even better idea! How about we transplant microbiome from ME/CFS patients into the leadership of the NIH! That way, I'm sure we'd get some ME research!

(I say this purely in jest. Otherwise, it would constitute a deadly threat to officials in the govt. We already can't donate blood due to our pathogen problem as far as I know.)

RWP

See more popular forum discussions.