• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Patient has made a $1M matching grant to the Mt. Sinai ME Center!

justinreilly

From European Society for ME on Facebook:

http://www.facebook.com/pages/ESME-European-Society-for-ME/326113349124

News from Dr Enlander:

The Mount Sinai Medical Center has opened an ME/CFS clinical and research center in New York. This has been funded by a patient of Dr Derek Enlander who donated a matching grant of $1,000,000. We encourage ESME members and patients to contribute to the fund. Contact Dr Enlander at denlander@aol.com

Of course we encourage this as ESME Team to contribute funding to this new ME center in New York.

Nielk

I'm really excited about this, especially because he is my doctor and I think very highly of him.
I hope it will be successful. The more people doing studies from different angles, the better chance we have on finding something that will make sense.

August59

Daughters High School Graduation
A big thanks to the patient of Dr. Enlander's for making such a bold matching fund donation. Matching donations of this magnitude help tremendously with much needed funding and the $1,000,000 figure is one the gets attention. Especially coming from a patient, it conveys a commitment to the research community that patients affected by this dreaeded disease the we are ready to fight the fight.

A great big thanks to this patient of Dr. Enlander!!!!!

It is my understanding that a patient donated the money for Dr. E to collaborate with Mt. Sinai to create the ME/CFS Center. I think it is made payable to Mt. Sinai, earmarked for Dr. E and the ME/CFS Center. I'll keep my eyes open for donation specifics.