• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Patent filing for the use of nitric oxide with or without B-cell depletion in CFS

Rooney

Because of this thread, I am on Imdur two weeks with good success. I asked my cardiologist for it as I have been having heart pain and new hypertension. It has done wonders for both. I was more active in my first week on the drug, but pushed too much.

I am sick 15 years (viral onset) with confirmed POTS. In the beginning I had OI and HYPOtension. I think I have a virus effecting my heart, otherwise the Imdur would have allowed for more activity. I feel particularly sick in recent months. Fearful now of being a cardiac patient even though my ecocardiogram looks good. I'm in my mid-fifties and my weight is OK. Vascular, it seems.

One problem with Imdur is constipation, literally my eternal pain in my backside. So taking Miralax as two gastric docs have suggested anyway. I have SIBO, too.

Delender2k, thank you for all your posts from Norway! They give us such hope.
It's late, but wanted to report I was only on Imdur one month. During that time I was not able to accomplish any more during the day. Had I been on a pulse monitor watch, it probably would have shown increased POTS.

Also, my heart pain was from lack of folate while taking B12 oil.