• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pasteurized vs unpasteurized milk

It's a matter of seconds. My throat starts to swell, and I begin to have trouble breathing (that seems unrelated to the throat itself.) It's a full-on allergic reaction, though not one that ever reaches anaphalaxis. (sp?) I don't get bloating or digestive issues with milk at all, or maybe I should say that the other symptoms are far more noticeable.

The individual who I mentioned is an old student I don't talk to anymore. Great 'food' for though, @arewenearlythereyet !

No worries, sounds like we will never know .....bit tricky to experiment though given your reaction! I guess you avoid all dairy so won't be able to tell whether it's whey or casein etc. I certainly wouldn't recommend drinking raw milk because of the micro risk...especially for folks like us.

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Stanford did a study on this, which apparently concluded "Not true".
Even if a good study found that the average person was not allergic, some individuals still could be.
I use a good organic un-homogenised full cream milk
I am insanely jealous. When I was a child my grandfather had a Jersey milk cow (they produce the best milk) and we got milk from him.
Is brucellosis abortis a risk in unpasteurised milk and cheese products I wondered
I think (but am not sure) that brucellosis has been eliminated in the US. [To all the youngsters, brucellosis in cattle causes undulant fever in humans.]

Little Bluestem

All Good Things Must Come to an End
Stanford did a study on this, which apparently concluded "Not true".
Even if a good study found that the average person was not allergic, some individuals still could be.
I use a good organic un-homogenised full cream milk
I am insanely jealous. When I was a child my grandfather had a Jersey milk cow (they produce the best milk) and we got milk from him.
Is brucellosis abortis a risk in unpasteurised milk and cheese products I wondered
I think (but am not sure) that brucellosis has been eliminated in the US. [To all the youngsters, brucellosis in cattle causes undulant fever in humans.]