• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Participate in Leonard Jason's online PEM survey

Kyla

ᴀɴɴɪᴇ ɢꜱᴀᴍᴩᴇʟ
@SOC and @ahimsa, there's no need to apologize or hesitate to share your thoughts on this! :) i get what you're saying, and i agree with a lot of it. also, i can't imagine lenny wouldn't be interested in this type of criticism too.

i'll echo what i said before: they seem to really appreciate all kinds of feedback, so i'd like to encourage all of you to email your thoughts and suggestions to them, if you can't find a way to fit it into the questionnaire itself.

you both have so much valuable experiential knowledge, insight and clarity about PEM to offer, and i believe that this team would really benefit from hearing what you have to share. having said that, i totally understand and respect your decision if you still choose to not participate.

Oops. Cross post as you were posting.
Is there an email address to send comments to?

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I thought it was just me that had trouble with that survey.
Me too! I posted earlier in the thread that I had tried to clarify things by writing a lot in all they spaces you could write in. It was not a good survey at all!
Not just you.
There were a ton of questions where none of the options fit, and quite a few where I couldn't figure out what they were asking.
Ditto.

mango

Maybe there is some way we can tell the researchers that the questions are confusing?

yes! write them an email, please :) i already did it, have had email conversations with both lenny and his assistant.

even if they can't change this particular survey at this point, maybe the next one will be better if we all keep pointing them in a better direction?

Denise

I sent a lengthy set of questions/concerns about this survey to Lenny and the student involved.
Lenny was appreciative of my comments/questions.

My understanding is that the survey is NOT part of a funded study.
I did not quite understand the long-term purpose of gathering answers to this survey.

I encourage others to contact Lenny et al if you see fit.