• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Palms of hands keep flushing red

tinacarroll27

Hi all! I am not sure if I am putting this into the right category but I am not sure what this is! Any way, I keep having hot flushes and when it happens I get a prickly heat feeling all over and the palms of my hands flush red and clammy and I feel as if my skin has been scalded. I also have another symptom that is connected to it. I feel as if I am throbbing all over and when I have these hot flushes the throbbing gets worse. I have had ME for over 25 years but in all that time the throbbing has never stopped. It seems to get worse when I relapse and in remission it feels less but is still there. Over the years I've noticed this throbbing is made worse when I stand up and have a hot bath. I have wondered if it is connected to Pots?I do have POTs but it has become a lot milder in the last year and I rarely feel faint any more when I stand up but I do feel faint when I get too hot.

tinacarroll27

No I am not any supplements with niacin. I do get muscle twitching though. The hot flushing started with the virus infection.