• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

pain

Fuzzyhead

The last few weeks i have felt more tired and some of my fingers feel stiff and sore and if i touch the bone it feels bruised but it isn't. My rheumatoid factor is always high but i have saw a rheumatologist who said i didn't have rheumatoid arthritis. Also i tested positive for ANA antibody but negative for lupus etc, EBV was reactive too. I am worrying i am developing athritis now.

alkt

can you relate your symptoms to recent activities. if not you should make an appointment with you doctor. because having one illness unfortunately does not prevent us coming down with others.although for me painful hands are just another sign of doing to much. best wishes.

Calathea

Joint pain is a known feature of ME, if that's any consolation, and I've had it for years. It was one of the later symptoms to arrive for me, I think it took around a decade.

Snookum96

I get this a lot in my fingers and ankles. They feel really stiff and feels like there is a reduced range of motion. It fluctuates and the worse I feel the worse I get. Also seems to be worse if I don't drink enough water, but that could just be a coincidence.

However, they don't hurt to the touch, none of my joint pain does. Can you try a different doctor?with your positive results would be worth a second opinion.

Desiccated Adrenal Cortex & Vitamin B5 got rid of my tiredness/fatigue within 2 months of starting them.

When Boron was added, pain in my finger bone/joint subsided a little bit but when K2 was added, next day big joints (knees & elbows) more painful follow by lesser pain on subsequent days. Read that it's a sign of healing! These are co-factors of Vit D3.

Today just started Vit B7 Biotin & now my tongue no longer felt swollen & eyes less dry, hopefully it'll help in my peripheral neuropathy. Read that it's synthesized by beneficial bacteria in the human digestive tract & severely depleted in those that suffer from unhealthy gastrointestinal flora.