• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pain etc, PH balance? Need help quickly pls.

Ninan

I'm on Fred's B12 protocol and very very dependent on taking my supplements every day. Without them I'm bed bound or worse. Now my stomach is giving me trouble (for the first time ever) and I'm kind of panicking about this.

Symptoms:

- A couple of nights/month the last 6 months: Waking up from pain in anus, running to bathroom and almost fainting, lots of very loose stools.

- Now, since a few days constant pain in anus, bubbly stomach and strange taste in mouth. No acid regurgitations, no stomach pain or weird stools. Could it be that I've altered the PH balance in some way? Too basic/alkaline?

Possible reasons:

- Taking lots of ascorbic acid, magnesium and zinc recently. From what I've just read it seems they all make your body more basic.

I'm trying to:

- Switch from ascorbic acid to buffered vitamin C. Not sure it will help.

Any idea of what's going on and what I can do about it? If I could I would stop the protocol for a few days but that's just not an option. Help very much appreciated.

Ninan

Yes, zinc is not any stomachs best friend I think.

Anyway, I got some help in another forum and found out I probably have a candida problem. I thought I was about the only one with ME/CFS who didn't. Turns out I'm not. At least then there are a lot of things I can do about it.

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
Magnesium will make you go like mad. I forget which one doesn't make you go.

When I recently prepped for a colonoscopy with mag citrate liquid, before it even started working my rectum was on fire. So maybe that with the C, which will also cause diahrea, is doing in you.