• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Pacific Fatigue Lab, Stockton, CA, fatigue testing, experience with this facility?

This facility has been involved in "research, clinical and teaching laboratory focused on the functional aspects of chronic fatigue syndrome/myalgic encephalomyelitis (CFS/ME) and other fatigue-related disorders." They state they are able with testing to provide objective data of fatigue which is very helpful in applying for Social Security Disability, etc. I would be interested in hearing from any who have had testing done there and/or know of someone who has. If so, did you/they find it was helpful? What was your/their overall impression?

Francelle

There have been several people who frequent this board who have been there and had assessments done. Hopefully they will give you some feedback of their experiences - which were mostly positive from memory.

Francelle,

Thanks so much for your replies and for these very helpful links! I had tried to search for Pacific on the search engine here but clearly didn't do it correctly as I didn't find these. This is very helpful. Thanks again so much! We are very seriously considering taking our son there as we are clearly going to need to file for disability for him as he approaches 18. I like what I have read and learned about it and have been in touch with them but feel it helpful and valuable to hear personal experiences before we make the committment.

I welcome more input. Thanks to all!

eric_s

Hi Cherlyn

I'm not in the US, but i've heard that the Massachusetts CFIDS/ME & FM Association has a lot of experience with that kind of cases and can provide good information. You might want to visit their website and/or contact them.

Thanks very much, Eric. I will check their site. Thanks so much!

If there is anyone else who sees this who has had experience with PFL I would very much appreciate hearing from you.

Thanks to all.

helen41

Feel free to message me with any questions, Cherilyn. I went there a year ago, and was the one who started the thread that was linked above. Lannie in the Limelight wrote a really good blog on her experience that you might want to read for info as well