• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P5P's connection with CBS and MAO-A

jjxx

B6 raises serotonin, and B2 + magnesium are responsible for serotonin breakdown.
B6 raises serotonin, and B2 + magnesium are responsible for serotonin breakdown.
I just studied one of your old threads, in which you mentioned magnesium glycinate interfered with your thyroids and you felt chills. That's exactly what I am feeling ever since I switched from 400mg magnesium oxide to glycinate recently.
Magnesium basically does nothing to me, good or bad. The only reason I am on it because I am taking calcium 400mg alone daily for years without any issue, while everybody else on earth are drumming up magnesium/calcium combo, adding another good reason that now I am on Freddd's protocol, in which he recommends calcium/mag 1:1.

I am working on boosting my serotonin with B6. If B2 and mag are involved in its breakdown, I have a good reason to keep them low. My daily B2 intake is 10mg as its required low on Freddd's protocol. I would like to cut down my magesium glycinate from 400mg. That sense of chills is odd and uncomfortable.

jjxx

I don't know what my body is doing really, I can only try my best listening to it.
So my chills must be sign that my body is telling me: I am turning it into uric acid? I assume you stopped your magnesium glycinate?

Violeta

vision blue

This is a comprehensive article about oxalates. Glycine is mentioned, although not sure if it addresses your issue.
https://www.hormonesmatter.com/marginally-insufficient-thiamine-intake-oxalates/

Just read it. Thanks for posting look. Most is arguing thyamine is needed to prevent oxalate from accumulatin. But as you say tgey do nention glycine in one pkace and say
PK is the enzyme that converts the inactive form of vitamin B6 (pyridoxine 5-phosphate) into its active form, pyridoxal 5-phosphate (P5P). Low P5P prevents glyoxalate from being converted back into glycine, leading to high oxalates. Many mistakenly assum”

I also dont have enough mao- so perhaps they bothbpoibt to not enuf p5p

Last edited: