• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

P5P sublingual ? @Fredd

daniariete2000

Good morning,

I have small fiber neuropathy.
I don't understant why there is focus on taking B12 sublingually and not the others B vitamins.
In particular P5P , why is suggested to take it by normal pills ?

Thanks

Daniele

I don't understant why there is focus on taking B12 sublingually and not the others B vitamins.
People feel B12 is more effective sublingually, and they're probably right, but not due to sublingual absorption.

B12 molecules are too big to be absorbed sublingually, but sublingual use slows down the travel of the dissolving B12 to the stomach. B12 absorption is limited by the presence of B12-binding factors in the stomach, which are not produced quickly enough to absorb a large dose taken orally.

So sublingual B12 supplementation is possibly more effective due to the slow and sustained rate at which it enters the stomach.

I suspect B6 isn't used sublingually because there is no benefit to doing so, as is the case for most vitamins, minerals, and other supplements. B6 is absorbed in the later parts of the small intestine, and doesn't have a limiting factor in being absorbed.

Sushi

Moderation Resource Albuquerque
I suspect B6 isn't used sublingually because there is no benefit to doing so, as is the case for most vitamins, minerals, and other supplements.
One exception for some of us is B2--tests showed that I was not breaking down B2 into FAD and FMN. Rich Van K suggested that I take sublingual co-enzymated B2 where the job is already done.