• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oxygen Concentrators

Daffodil

so i tried the o2 concentrator last night for about an hour or two. didnt feel any better. when i took the cannula out. my right nostril felt funny..burned a little. i hope this helps eventtually or i am out $1000 ...and money is getting tighter by the day!

Daffodil

@raghav its hard to say. there is nothing overt...but it may have. impossible to know. I don't do it regularly as recommended.

sorry cannot be of more help

Avena

I don't do it regularly as recommended.

sorry cannot be of more help
Actually, that part of your Comment might be very helpful for anyone thinking about investing in this... I assume that the reason why you don’t use it regulary is that it is too much a hassle as it makes you bound to not move for several hours a day?

That is why I pointed out that I don’t think I would have been using mine much if it was not for me being bedridden (my comment is on page 1 in this thread).

Please take this factor into consideration before spending a huge amount of money on this, @raghav

raghav

Thanks @Avena I need to lie down once every 2-3 hours for about an hour to get over the exhaustion of just sitting idle. Even this causes a kind of PEM for me. Also after every meal I have to lie down till the digestion process is partly complete. So if it can give me the energy I need to not lie down then it is worth it. I am not able to take up a job because of this. So if I can use the concentrator for an hour in the morning and an hour in the night and if that helps me not being bed bound then I can take up a part time job. Anyway I am planning on trying this on a trial basis at a nearby clinic for an hour or two and see how it goes. So thanks for the reply.

Daffodil

@Avena well, the tube is pretty long so i could either lay in bed, do some light exercises, maybe do some sewing or whatnot if i felt well enough, but it is mostly the weekly washing of the plastic cup that i use for humidity that gets me....and also i have to pay for my own cannulas and change them every week. this is, of course, no work, but i still cannot bring myself to do it regularly. dont ask me why.....i just have no motivation to do much anymore. i have been fighting this illness for 25 yrs now and am burnt out trying things and also am generally in a foul mood haha

if i had to guess, i would say the o2 helps. i notice that if i am trying to do some low impact exercises, i can do a few more reps if i am breathing in the o2 at the same time

xoxo

Last edited:

Daffodil

Yes....maybe even more often I don't know. Most people's insurance pays for them. Some people wash them and I tried that but I felt weird using it after

bertiedog

Usually I use it for between 20-30 minutes after breakfast and lunch and then again after walking my dog in the afternoon. The machine automatically has a dehumidifier built in as long as one keeps it topped up once a week.

Pam