August 8th, 2018: Understanding and Remembrance Day for Severe ME
Have you heard of our Severe Myalgic Encephalomyelitis Day of Understanding and Remembrance? Please join Jody Smith in observing this day and honoring the 25% of those with ME/CFS who are most severely ill.
Discuss the article on the Forums.

Over Activation of Farnesoid X Receptor In the Ilium Driving Liver and Gut Disharmony

Discussion in 'Latest ME/CFS Research' started by Bdeep86, Jan 21, 2017.

1. Bdeep86

Bdeep86 Senior Member

I would have to know more but I feel that most people who have had CFS long term can't take TUDCA right off the bad. Also your diet will be critical to this. If you have a collapsed liver/gallbladder channel then it can actually make things worse. Most are going to need other support before addressing the collapse liver/gallbladder channel.

Sugar by in large needs to be eliminated. Fat intake is a major part of this picture as well. Fruit aside from bananas and avacado are actually alright as long as they are eaten by themselves and at least 2 hours away from other foods. Preferably these will be cooked as well, something like baked apples for example. Are you craving sugar? Are you gluten intolerant? I saw you aren't breaking down protein, I think this is the case for most CFS sufferers.

Hilary likes this.
  2. jump44

jump44

What do you think of taking Taurine as opposed to TUDCA at least initially? Taurine has many of the same benefits to me but isnt quite as powerful-and has a lot of other benefits on electrolytes etc as well, seems when I run out of it I notice a difference for the worse. Its also way cheaper.

3. Hilary

Hilary Senior Member

UK
    I've had it over 20 years. I had gall bladder pain early on and digestive issues have certainly got steadily worse. Gall bladder was demonstrably sluggish at least 10/12 years ago though no stones but they have developed in the last couple of years as well.

I get a bit of a sugar craving, not massive. Also crave cheese when I'm hungry and need something speedy.
    I don't know if I'm gluten intolerant though am 2 weeks into being gluten free and will test it out in a couple of weeks. I'm not feeling better for excluding it so far.
    Fats I use (cold or heated ) are olive oil, butter and coconut oil plus (on salads not for cooking) hemp oil, pumpkin seed oil and walnut. I have just restarted fish oil which helps with pain. Also take phosphatidylcholine when I remember. I do find sugary stuff has a noticeable adverse effect on digestion and the OAT result indicates high yeast.

I think it's fairly clear I need to improve diet as things are so out of whack. I shall keep off the TUDCA for the moment.. Easy enough to keep fruit consumption away from other food - though I'm surprised avocados (I eat a lot) are off limits? Appreciate your input, thank you. I feel as though I'm looking for the proverbial needle in a haystack.

4. aquariusgirl

aquariusgirl Senior Member

5. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

6. NotThisGuy

NotThisGuy Senior Member

Germany
    same here.
    CFS onset with-> lack of bile flow, undigested food in stool, SIBO.
    Shortly after taking cyanocobalamin and lead exposure.

Only since over 2 years I had only 3 times "normal" stool. Well formed, well digested and nice brown color.
    First time was with my first dose of pantothenic acid 500mg. Never worked again after that.
    Second time was first sunbath in the sun this summer. Never worked again after that.
    Third time was after completely avoiding orgasms for few weeks. Again it seems to have stopped working.

Dont know where the connection is... HPA or adrenals or something else..

I read in a mast cell forum of someone who always gets yellow stools when he stops his mast cell medication or eat something with very high histamines.

7. Gondwanaland

Gondwanaland Senior Member

Did I understand it wrong or these 2 studies contradict one another?

See more popular forum discussions.