• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Ortho Molecular (Gut Repair Kit) Potential Game Changer!!!

Crappy

Ortho Molecular (Gut Repair Kit) Potential Game Changer???

I don't know how much money I have dropped on $$$ProBiotics$$$. Anyone who has used VSL#3 or Mutaflor has spent enough on ProBiotics to make a car payment. It's not just the cost of Clinical grade ProBiotics; but, the price of all the testing, Upper GI, Stool samples, Bla, Bla, Bla... :(

I even became an expert of sorts on growing Yogurt and Kefir.

Any credible treating Dr. knows Digestion is a major factor in this Curse.

For myself; treatments affecting digestion have been the most influential on my condition.

A visit to my LLMD this week produced an unanticipated benefit. Evidently Ortho Molecular Products has been quietly working on a way to repair/improve digestive function through supplements; and they are crazy enough to guarantee their product!!! Results guaranteed in two weeks. No testing required!!!:D

I am curious who else knows about, or has experience with these particular products?

The Kit consists of:

Ortho Molecular

1. DigestZyme V, http://www.iherb.com/Ortho-Molecular-Products-DigestzymeV-90-Capsules/20752?at=0

2. InflammaCore, http://www.iherb.com/Ortho-Molecular-Products-InflammaCore-Natural-Cherry-25-7-oz-729-g/23553?at=0

3. PRObiotic 225, http://pureformulas.com/probiotic-225-15-sachets-by-ortho-molecular-products.html

If you are familiar with these products I would like to know if it's just more empty promises? or is this product the best thing for ME/CFS sufferers to happen in a while?:confused:

mellster

Marco
Thanks - do you think the refrigeration of the probiotic is necessary during shipping? I have seen orders before where they recommend/add expedite shipping plus ice packs ($25), but I wonder how much product effectiveness this will save, esp. when ordering in the winter.

*GG*

Yes, please keep us updated. I saw the Inflammacare product in my Drs office the other day (blood draw). Not sure of the price. I will have to compare. I will see him in a couple of weeks and see what he has to say. He wanted me to do some program, First Line therapy? But i could not find a convenient provider and dropped the ball!

GG

Crappy

Thanks - do you think the refrigeration of the probiotic is necessary during shipping? I have seen orders before where they recommend/add expedite shipping plus ice packs ($25), but I wonder how much product effectiveness this will save, esp. when ordering in the winter.

This is another encouraging aspect of this product. Almost all Probiotics I have used in the past state, " guaranteed potency at time of manufacture", I have found many of the probiotics I have purchased were actually DEAD. (I think this is a dirty little secret of many manufacturers) The Ortho Molecular product requires no refrigeration and states, "potency guaranteed to date of expiration". Also it states, "uniquely formulated for room temperature storage".

Years ago a friend who owns a health food store made the remark to me not to purchase probiotics that require refrigeration, "because the human intestines don't operate at forty degrees". She made the common sense point that probiotics that cannot tolerate 98.6 degrees, will not survive your digestive system. (She liked ones like IFlora brand because they were shelf stable; which just makes sense.)

The Ortho packets are a little pricey, $64.00 for 15 packets, I have been buying VSL#3 for $75.00 which is the cheapest I could find it, and it had 30 packets. I like the flood of probiotics a "packet" provides over the minuscule amount capsules provide.
The Digestzyme V cost me $32.50, and the InflammaCORE cost me $71.70 from my Dr.

mellster

Marco
I ordered everything except for the probiotics, will prob do so on Monday to minimize time in transit. I had good success treating my gut and am looking for the next edge to maybe get it completely back in balance if that is possible at all. I really like Gut feeling max from Holtraceuticals so far, definitely a decent product. cheers

I haven't tried these products, but I do have a multivitamin from Ortho, and they really do use quality ingredients (folate instead of folic acid, methylB12 instead of cyanoB12) and lots of other non-standard useful stuff. They seem trustworthy, and even if it costs more, I'm getting what I pay for.

Crappy

I ordered everything except for the probiotics, will prob do so on Monday to minimize time in transit. I had good success treating my gut and am looking for the next edge to maybe get it completely back in balance if that is possible at all. I really like Gut feeling max from Holtraceuticals so far, definitely a decent product. cheers

mellster

I had never heard of Holtraceuticals, so I went to their site to look at Gut Feeling Max. The label of Gut Feeling Max and InflammaCORE read identical. It looks to be exactly the same product; interesting.

Valentijn- May I know the name of the multivitamin from Ortho which does not contain folic acid? Their Alpha Base vitamin (without iron) has folic acid. Thanks

Valentijn- May I know the name of the multivitamin from Ortho which does not contain folic acid? Their Alpha Base vitamin (without iron) has folic acid. Thanks

Ortho Core. It also has good amounts of the B vitamins, plus NAC, ALA, Co-Q10 and some other stuff, in addition to the standard multi-vitamin stuff.

Though reading back over stuff, I think I got Ortho Molecular confused with AOR Ortho :p So they're not the same brands. But AOR Ortho Core is still good stuff :)