• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Oregano oil die off?

ljimbo423

Nothing appears to come of it though - that's what upsets me most. The research is there - we are here telling - yet nothing is happening.

I feel very frustrated, angry and sad about this myself. There are at least a few researchers looking into the gut connection though. Chris Armstrong also believes the gut is the root cause.

Jose Montoya said recently that Stanford is looking into "The gut, brain, immune system axis".

Derya Unutmaz is heavily involved with the gut and immune system too. He is one of the people that got grant money last year from the NIH for CFS research.

It's a matter of more researchers getting on the same page as the researchers in the study I posted. I think this is going to happen sooner rather than later.

Hopeful1976

I feel very frustrated, angry and sad about this myself. There are at least a few researchers looking into the gut connection though. Chris Armstrong also believes the gut is the root cause.

Jose Montoya said recently that Stanford is looking into "The gut, brain, immune system axis".

Derya Unutmaz is heavily involved with the gut and immune system too. He is one of the people that got grant money last year from the NIH for CFS research.

It's a matter of more researchers getting on the same page as the researchers in the study I posted. I think this is going to happen sooner rather than later.
I hope so. I really do. I want to live again

LINE

In my experience, there are two possibilities for the reactions you had with the oregano oil. Keep in mind that both involve the immune system. The first is that it did provide die off which causes stress on the body and the second is that the substance could be an irritant meaning the immune system is having to deal with it (the substance) and not the die off. Oftentimes with an underlying infection, the immune system becomes skewed which means there will be reactions that you did not have prior to becoming sick.

Also keep in mind that when you evoke the immune response that the by-products are very powerful which alter the body. I find that the use of supportive nutrients very helpful. Antioxidants in particular will help the body sweep out the toxins. When you remove toxins, you are lessening the burden of the immune system and detoxification systems.