• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Orange tongue?

Fuzzyhead

Does anyone know what it can be if your tongues orange but you haven't ate anything orange?
I haven't been well for a few months and my bowel movements have been different. I keep getting a pain in my left side and back. Last night I had a bad belly right across the front at the bottom. I woke up at 3 this morning with bad pains and had to rush to the toilet and I know it's too much info but it was just like sludge. My hips and bottom of my back are really stiff and sore. I am worried and I see a gastroenterologist in 2 weeks because my liver function test was high.

Sparrow

I don't have any first hand experience, but it looks like it can be a sign of a bacterial or yeast overgrowth. Bacterial overgrowth certainly seems to fit with your other symptoms.

Have you tried antibiotics and/or high dose probiotics? They might help. There may also be certain foods or food components that make the situation worse for you (fructose, tomatoes, carbs, eggs,...). I know that's definitely a factor for both my husband and I. I also have problems from fibre capsules.

Hopefully the GI doc can help you. They seem prone to brushing that sort of thing off as "probably just IBS".

Elph68

Does anyone know what it can be if your tongues orange but you haven't ate anything orange?
I haven't been well for a few months and my bowel movements have been different. I keep getting a pain in my left side and back. Last night I had a bad belly right across the front at the bottom. I woke up at 3 this morning with bad pains and had to rush to the toilet and I know it's too much info but it was just like sludge. My hips and bottom of my back are really stiff and sore. I am worried and I see a gastroenterologist in 2 weeks because my liver function test was high.

I know this is an old post but ..... Strep causes a condition called 'St Johns Fire' (Called something different now) it makes your tongue and/or face orange. Strep also causes the gut problems .....

Kill the cause of the inflammation, kill the disease .....
www.superbugskill.com