• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Opportunity to get UK Rituximab trial mentioned on Guardian website

Sasha

Fine, thank you
The Guardian online (don't know about on paper) have published an excellent article about the impact of ME on a carer's life:

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2013/aug/08/me-misunderstood-health-welfare

The article allows comments, which means that it's an opportunity to spread the word about the UK Rituximab trial and encourage people to donate.

Many UK PWME who aren't part of the community and don't know what's going on will read this and it's a chance to reach out to them and engage them in the fundraising campaign.

So, please post an upbeat, can-do, message about the trial, with a link to the trial site:

http://www.ukrituximabtrial.org

Ignore trolls - people who read your message probably won't read the troll message and will just see you ranting and assume it's all your fault (that's the internet for you). Please be positive and be a good ambassador for the community in whatever you post, because that's what will attract more people and more donations! :)

We should be doing this whenever the UK media publish a story on ME that allow comments. The faster we are off the mark, the more visible our comments are (they're usually listed in order of posting or by how many 'likes' they've accumulated), so please do post about these media stories quickly if you see them.

Purple

Bundle of purpliness
Also good idea to 'like' comments helpful to our community to get them higher up the list.

Sasha

Fine, thank you
Kate_UK, lilpink - you seem to be well-connected with this trial - just wanted to alert you to this opportunity and general strategy, in case you're interested. :)

It's a pity that we don't know when articles like this are coming out, so we could be ready to post first. A friend emailed me about this one this morning.

Firestormm

You know as these are effectively public comment blogs in the Guardian ('comment is free'): someone might one day like to submit a similar article but focusing on research.