• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Openings stll available in Dr. Kaiser's clinical study

richvank

Hi, all.

Dr. Jon Kaiser has asked me to let people know that there are still a few openings available in his clinical study. This study is available to people who have ME/CFS and live in the San Francisco area or are able to travel there. Participation in the study is free, and involves only one visit to Dr. Kaisers office, which is in Mill Valley, just north of San Francisco.

The study involves taking a combined nutritional and antioxidant supplement and a currently available medication for one month, and responding to some questions and rating of symptoms.

To be eligible for the study, it is required that a person not have significant fibromyalgia, a history of heart disease, uncontrolled high blood pressure, major depression, or ulcer disease.

The combined supplement and medication consist of the K-PAX Immune Support formula with a small dosage of methylphenidate (also known as Ritalin).

Some people have expressed concern about the inclusion of Ritalin in this treatment.
Dr. Kaiser emphasizes that the dosage of Ritalin in the treatment is small compared to the dosages commonly used, and that when Ritalin is combined with K-PAX Immune Support, its effect is much different from when it is used alone. In this combination, he finds that it serves as a metabolic catalyst, working together with the nutritional supplements. Dr. Kaiser has been using this combination to treat some of his ME/CFS patients for as long as two years, with good results. He reports that over time he decreases the use of the Ritalin in favor of the nutritional supplement, but that it is important at the beginning of the treatment.

For people who experience benefit in this clinical study and wish to continue the treatment after one month, there is opportunity to do so.

Dr. Kaiser has extensive experience in treating HIV/AIDS patients, and has also been
treating ME/CFS patients for 20 years. In addition to his medical practice, he is the CEO of K-PAX Pharmaceuticals. If this clinical study continues to produce positive results, he plans to use it as the basis for a more extensive clinical trial, in cooperation with other ME/CFS clinicians and researchers. The long-term goal is to be able to make this type of ME/CFS treatment available to the general medical community.

For more information or to enroll in the trial, please email Anne Lahaderne at a.lahaderne@mac.com or call her at (415) 381-7655. I am not financially associated with Dr.Kaiser or with K-PAX Pharmaceuticals.

Best regards,

Rich