• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Open Medicine Institute Does Mycoplasma Testing

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Someone shared this with me and I contacted them about Mycoplasma testing. They do mycoplasma testing. However, the cost is around $500 for the first visit and the institute is in California. In case anyone here needs the information for testing, I am posting there website here:

http://openmedicineinstitute.org (They have a contact button. Contact them and let them know you want the testing done.)

I am going to go as soon as I get my taxes back if they are not taken away for previous medical bills, that is.

Thank you very much to the person who sent me this information!!!

minkeygirl

But I Look So Good.
I remember hearing years ago, maybe from Dr Nicolson, that if you test positive for M. pneumonia you probably are positive for fermentans incognito. But who knows with my brain.

halcyon

I'm pretty sure OMI uses Quest for the majority of their testing and that's probably where they send you for the mycoplasma tests. LabCorp also does mycoplasma testing. If you're only interested in the tests, maybe you can find a local doctor to order the tests for you. The test codes are available online. Not to discourage you from going to OMI, I have heard some good things about them.

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
Someone just sent me an e-mail with the name of a laboratory that does mycoplasma testing and will mail a kit to you. The following is the information on that. I may go with this lab in Maryland if I cannot get treatment from the Open Labs Clinic if I test positive. There is no reason for me to spend so much money if I cannot get treatment if I test positive. I have e-mailed Open Labs a follow up question asking if they treat the infection if I test positive. I will let you know what they say.

Here is the information on the lab that does the testing (that you can get mailed to you). If you order the test, you have to get your own doctor to draw the blood.

1. Mycoplasma Test Panel (CPT: 87581)—Mycoplasma species tested by PCR. This is a Mycoplasma test on over 20 Mycoplasma species. Alternatively, the most common species of Mycoplasma (M. pneumoniae, M. ferementans, M. hominis, M. genitalium, M. penetrans) can also be ordered as individual tests.
Recommended Labs: Clongen Laboratories, 12321 Middlebrook Road #120, Germantown, MD 20874; Tel: 301-916-0175; Fax: 301-916-0175; customer support: cs@clongen.com (Test description and order forms can be downloaded directly from their site: http://www.clongen.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=13&Itemid=94)
Spiro Stat Technologies, 1004 Garfield Dr., Bld 340, Lubbock, TX 79416; Tel: 806-885-2929, Fax: 806-885-2933, Specimen Requirements: Contact laboratory for a specimen kit and instructions for shipment. We recommend overnight courier shipment.

Last edited:

Mya Symons

Mya Symons
I'm pretty sure OMI uses Quest for the majority of their testing and that's probably where they send you for the mycoplasma tests. LabCorp also does mycoplasma testing. If you're only interested in the tests, maybe you can find a local doctor to order the tests for you. The test codes are available online. Not to discourage you from going to OMI, I have heard some good things about them.

As far as I know, all the regular laboratories only do testing for mycoplasma pneumonia, mycoplasma genitalium and ureaplasma. But I could be wrong.

Edit: Sorry I meant testing for.

Last edited: