• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Online Participants Needed for Dr. Klimas' ME Gene Study

leela

@Valentijn I do think it might be useful to write to INIM and offer your data analysis results.
If they require legal waivers you hereby officially have mine :)
I think the same could be true for @mariovitali and the unfolded protein response data.

Even if they cannot directly use the data itself, it might be useful for them in considering directions they may not have been considering.

JAH

Just a warning- click on the link in a timely manner. I volunteered, but was feeling terrible, didn't deal with it for about a month, and the link had expired. You have to use the link within a few days of getting the email - if you're like me and can't deal with things right away, don't bother, JAH

Jenny TipsforME

Just a warning- click on the link in a timely manner. I volunteered, but was feeling terrible, didn't deal with it for about a month, and the link had expired. You have to use the link within a few days of getting the email - if you're like me and can't deal with things right away, don't bother, JAH
Good thumbs up, I'm waiting for my 23andme results so I'll put off the other steps until I get them back.

For personal use of the raw data, has anyone put together a comprehensive (on current knowledge) list of useful things to look for? Metaboliser information seems important for everyone.

Btw I'm doing this online course for free to try to get a better handle on interpretation of genetic info https://www.coursera.org/learn/personalizedmed it's meant to be for qualified doctors but most of it is accessible to the average Internet-educated pwme. Perhaps indicating that our Google search does compare with their medical degree whatever the coffee mug says ;)