• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

"One of the best treatments—exercise—is diligently avoided by many people with CFS."

Amaya2014

A representative from ACE is willing to look into this. Below is the email they sent. I'd love to get some recommendations on how to handle this. I was going to ask that they remove the article. I was also thinking this may be an opportunity to educate. Any thoughts?

Thanks for contacting the ACE Resource Center.

Before I submit this inquiry to our publications department, I just want to verify the specific article that you’re looking at to make sure that we’re all talking about the same thing. Is this what you were referring to? http://www.acefitness.org/acefit/fitness-fact-article/26/work-out-chronic-fatigue/

Finally, please confirm that these are your concerns:

1) Who the author is and whether we had permission to use it?

2) Exercise is contraindicated for those with CFS. Wanting us to remove this article all together as it is no longer relevant information.

If you will confirm that information for me, I will happily forward this on for review.

Kind Regards,
--------------------------------------------------Jessie Newell B.S. Kinesiology Study Assistance ConsultantACE-CPT American Council on ExercisePh: (858) 576-6570Fax: (858)-576-6564
www.ACEfitness.orgWHAT MAKES ACE PROS DIFFERENT?

Amaya2014

Way to go! I'm impressed that you got them to respond. Perhaps you could write a short article to replace the offending item?
I'd like to and think, if it's kept simple, I could accomplish a paragraph. Cognitive impairment hit me pretty hard and it's tough to think in depth and formulate my thoughts. Trying to think, write, and multitask quickly brings bad crashes.

I also fear trying to wing it may be seen as plagiarism. I'm not up to research and citing articles.

It would be nice if we had a PR dept of our own that could help regulate offensive material and promote accurate info.

Amaya2014

Is this page a new addition? I think it is. But I see the old page is still there.
Do we approve of the new page? I think "could do better" sums it up.
That is different. In my opinion it's better. When I clicked on Healthy Living at the bottom of their screen, then clicked on Excercising with Health Challenges I still got the original article.

Perhaps, I or someone could ask that they completely remove the older article and post the new one?

Effi

I feel like the title alone 'Work Out Chronic Fatigue' completely sets the wrong tone... If they just didn't use Chronic Fatigue Syndrome anywhere (just chronic fatigue or chronically fatigued) it would be different. ugh why are we still stuck with that dumb name? :grumpy:

btw this article was there before, I saw it a couple days ago