When the 'Holiday Season' Is No Holiday at all for Those With ME/CFS
Is December getting to you? Jody Smith shares some thoughts on some of the struggles that all too often attend this time of year ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

#OMFScienceWednesdays-Olav Mella talks autoimmunity and metabolism in ME/CFS

Discussion in 'General ME/CFS News' started by Ben H, Feb 14, 2018.

1. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    It sounds like a difference to me too, but then again, what do I know? :D

I never really resonated with the whole Dauer state hypothesis but maybe b/c it is just not how my own illness presents. I do not lack energy but I am limited in what I can do standing/walking to the point that I still use wheelchair when I go out. I go out daily, but with the wheelchair, I really have no limits now. And once I reach my destination, I often do not need the wheelchair which is a vast difference to pre-treatment when I needed it 24/7 inside of my apt. I also have a vast improvement in muscle strength and breathing (but it never felt like a lack of energy to me).

My own illness is autoimmune/immunological for sure and it started off viral and flipped into autoimmunity. I was very high IgM+ for EBV for 3-4 yrs post-Mono which I had in 2012. What antibody was he referring to? Antibody tests are no longer considered accurate for me after 1.5 yrs of IVIG (vs. PCR tests are still accurate).

2. Gingergrrl

Gingergrrl Senior Member

USA
    I would love to have this panel done some day but at the moment I cannot do any blood work until my insurance is re-instated (unless it was an emergency of course).

Diwi9 likes this.
  3. Wonkmonk

Wonkmonk Senior Member

Germany
    He didn't specify. He just said "maybe an antibody", if I remember correctly.

Gingergrrl likes this.

See more popular forum discussions.