• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Omer Rains' interview with Dr. Dan Peterson

Gemini

Gemini

This interview had a number of interesting tidbits that related to research I've been doing, so it was very helpful.
Agree @RWP (Rest without Peace)!

Without doing a summary, I found interesting--

He has been in practice 37 years and seen over 14,000 patients (60% female, 40% male).

First 20 min covers autoimmune disease, in general. Interview is Q&A format with Rains asking Drs. Peterson and Forsythe (Tahoe Diagnostic Lab) questions.

Peterson reviews IVIG treatment as an immune modulator for patients with immune systems that are over or under activated (17:00 to 19:00 on tape) and as a successful treatment (47:00 to end of tape).

Other drugs and supplements he's had experience with: antivirals, ampligen, rituximab, immunovir, midodrine, magnesium, co-enzyme, etc., indicating those he's found useful or not.

He's interested in new cytokine blockers.

He's looking forward to working with Ian Lipkin and his Collaborative Research Center.

At 50+min, long but worth a listen. I divided it into segments to get thru it.