• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Omega-3 Fatty Acids & Macrophages

alex3619

Hi Gigaphage, this research invokes almost every hot topic I have ever been interested in with biochemistry. It could mark the beginning of the end for type-2 diabetes. In 1993 I persuaded a local CFS doc to start trialling high dose omega-3s for CFS, but at the time this was short chain omega-3s: the evidence for long chain omega-3s was yet to dominate (and I was the first test subject). The finding of macrophage induced insulin resistance was also announced here in Australia not all that many months ago. I wonder if there weren't many groups around the world making the same discoveries at the same time? Some years after 1993 (2000?) I read Indian subcontinent research that implied the same thing. I guess its time to railroad ...

The question for those with XMRV is this: how do these pathways interact with XMRV induced cytokines?

Bye, Alex