• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Old injuries, healing and methylfolate

Hello. I am interested in hearing if anyone has experienced significant healing of old injuries since starting a methylation protocol. What was the nature of your injury? How long have you had the injury? How long after starting a methylation protocol did you notice an improvement (or total healing) of the injury? In particular, I am interested in back/spinal injuries, but any injury improvement would be of interest to me. Thanks.

Martial

I had some raised inflammation and other strange things around old injuries, eventually it went away and I didn't have anything too significant but I guess they did heal for the better. Mainly minor muscle tears from weight lifting like my right upper pectoral.

Well, I don't know if you can count this, but if Psoriasis clears up 90% while on Methylcobalamin including small tears to soft skin areas such as eye lids, then that is healing. Sorry this is about methylfolate isn't it? Anyway thought I would leave this here.

Thanks for your replys---I AM interested in the healing of old injuries with any part/or whole of your methylation protocol---the whole Deadlock Quartet. I suspect a combination of Methylfolate and Methylcobalamin might be at the heart of the healing of old injuries (and they work best with Dibencozide and LCF plus potassium)... cheers.

I'm not a scientist, but I would think, with the psoriasis, there's possibly some intermediate steps in the process of healing so the B12 feeds into some other mechanism that enables the skin to heal, otherwise all sufferers of Psoriasis would be applying it to their skin and finding good effects. But of course, you understand these things are never simple.