• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Obama's new ME/CFS person?

Andrew

From what I remember, the women who was Obama's point person on ME/CFS left for a different job. I think I might have read here awhile ago that there is a new person taking care of ME/CFS. If someone knows where this message is, can you point me to it. And if you know a way to contact this person, please let me know.

Courtney Miller was answered by Obama. Obama asked Nancy-Ann DeParle to stay in touch with Dr. Francis Collins at NIH and Dr. Howard Koh at HHS.

Andrew

Thanks. After reading the replies I think I understand this better. What Obama did is let the heads of two important agencies know that he is concerned about this, and that he's watching them. All very good. But I don't see any leverage there in terms of investigating possible less than professional actions by the agencies themselves. IOW, he's taking them at their word.