• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nutrigenomic vs. 23andme

ttt

I already have the Nutrigenomic test from Yasko as well as the Genova DetoxiGenomic test. But I'm wondering -- at this point, is there any real benefit from also doing 23andme, or are the most important things covered in the other two tests I had done?

caledonia

I think those two would cover the most important SNPs, but while 23andme still has the $99 price, it might not be a bad idea to get tested for future reference. Sterling Hill at MTHFRsupport is exploring other SNPs that might have an impact, and they're not all on those two tests.

That price is supposed to around until about Dec. 2013 or until they get a million samples (they have a grant from the NIH to help with this). Then I assume it will go back up to $299.

I already have the Nutrigenomic test from Yasko as well as the Genova DetoxiGenomic test. But I'm wondering -- at this point, is there any real benefit from also doing 23andme, or are the most important things covered in the other two tests I had done?
23andMe has about one million SNPs tested, and can give a lot of useful information regarding various medical issues.

I'm developing some panels to look for known risk factors or very uncommon variations in ME-related issues - like EDS, folic acid intolerance, krebs cycle, etc. Really there's so much that can be done with the 23andMe data.