• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutrEval VS Organix Basic Profile?

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
Hi everyone,

I had one doctor order the Metametrix Organix Basic Profile and another doctor order the NutrEval test from Genova Diagnostics. I'm wondering if anyone has any experience with these. I'm tempted to do them both, but don't want to spend needless money if the results are redundant. Anyone know?

Thanks!

invisiblejungle

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
Hi EMilo,

It would be redundant to do both of these panels, since the Genova NutrEval includes almost all the markers that are on the Metametrix Organix Basic Profile.

You can check out sample reports here:
http://www.gdx.net/core/sample-reports/NutrEval_FMV-Sample-Report.pdf
http://www.metametrix.com/files/test-menu/sample-reports/Organix-Basic-SR.pdf

By the way, Genova and Metametrix are the same company.
I am so glad I asked!! Thank you very much for the input! Of COURSE they're the same company. Ridiculous. :)

EMilo

Elizabethmilo.com
I believe they are very similar. More people seem to be doing the Nutreval, and thus there is more info about it.

There is a link to the Nutreval Interpretation Guide in my signature. This is a compilation of interpretations provided by Rich Vank (r.i.p.).
Thank you very much! That was my next question; which do I do? I really appreciate the links.

caledonia

Thank you very much! That was my next question; which do I do? I really appreciate the links.

Now that I've actually looked at the Metametrix Organic Basic Profile sample interpretation, there is some overlap, but the Nutreval is a lot more comprehensive. Plus, more people seem to be using it, and there is more interpretation information available. So assuming you can afford it, I would go with the Nutreval.

I just love that Kreb's cycle diagram. It tells you why you're not making energy.