• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NutraHacker and Genetic Genie report different result.

This confuses me big time.Why some of the SNP's have different results on GG and NH reports.

BMHT08 is opposite -/- and +/+
VDR is not existent on NH report
CYP2D6 is +/- AG and +/+ GG

Reports attached

Attachments

• NutraHacker_Report.jpg
    NutraHacker_Report.jpg
    811.7 KB · Views: 12
  • Genie_Detox_Report.jpg
    Genie_Detox_Report.jpg
    790.6 KB · Views: 14
  • Genie_methylation_report.jpg
    Genie_methylation_report.jpg
    601.5 KB · Views: 13

Valentijn

@denman - They're both largely useless. Genetic genie reports SNPs from the Yasko panel, and most of them have little or no impact. Nutrahacker doesn't understand what they're doing, just that people will pay money for it. They take info about SNPs from the internet, but lack the skills to comprehend it.

pattismith

This confuses me big time.Why some of the SNP's have different results on GG and NH reports.

BMHT08 is opposite -/- and +/+
VDR is not existent on NH report
CYP2D6 is +/- AG and +/+ GG

Reports attached

if you look carefully, You can see that for the BMHT08 gene, the two reports give you the same snp (rs 651852) and both give you the same mutated nucleotids CC (- -). So I can't see any difference.

Concerning the CYD2A6 gene, the two reports doesn't quote the same snp, so it's not possible to compare results.

GG gives rs1801272 AA (- -) and rs28399444 (- -)
whereas NH gives rs16947 AG (- +)