• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Null GSTM1 Gene/SNP

soulfeast

Beginning to wonder how do you address a null glutathione gene with precursers if there is no gene? Am I not understanding this? Had the detoxigenomic test a over a few years ago and it just hit me, the gene is missing? Wouldn't adding precursers (high doses?) possibly cause more problems? Then, how does methylation impact glutathione genes and visa versa? Are there more glutathione genes than are tested on the detoxigenomic test? Not sure this post belongs here or in a methylation thread, so posted in both..

Does 23andme report more glutathione genes/snps? Thank you!

Symptomatic

Tagging on to your question, I just received my 23andMe results. Since I have SNP reported on GSTM1, am I to assume that the gene is present and not absent?

23andMe currently reports 20 SNP on GSTP1 and 7 SNP on GSTM1.