• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

(Norway) Lightning Process talk cancelled after protests from the ME Association

Esther12

A Norwegian blogger wrote this blog post after our Norwegian doctor suggested Lightning Process for ME/CFS
https://melivet.com/2016/09/02/embarrassing-vogt/

Thanks. I ended up reading the Vogt piece this was a response to, and it was truly embarrassing. A shame that thoughtful patients need to spend their time responding to such trash. Good to draw attention to his hypocrisy in the way that he criticises others for using the weak evidence that he now wishes to rely upon.

Snowdrop

Rebel without a biscuit
'The dark side' :devil: 'The light' :angel: Vogt sounds like a religious leader and our illness is the evil.

Jill

There's an equivalent woman in NZ getting on radio and she's even got a pain dr sending her patients. Makes me sick. One minute they want open debate the next they won't disclose how many people haven't been helped. Makes me sick to my stomach that desperate patients are spending thousands of dollars doing a three full day course ( now if I did it id never make it to the third day if I made it to the second). So what does that tell you about the patients she's getting ?? They don't have PEM. A friend whose disabled with ME who was a lawyer said its brainwashing. Just telling you to think positively every time bad thoughts enter your head about doing anything . As if we've not tried that before !!!

Kalliope

Thanks. I ended up reading the Vogt piece this was a response to, and it was truly embarrassing. A shame that thoughtful patients need to spend their time responding to such trash. Good to draw attention to his hypocrisy in the way that he criticises others for using the weak evidence that he now wishes to rely upon.
Unfortunately his views on ME are still common in Norway.

This summer, ME-researchers at Oslo University Hospital said it straight out in an article called "The mystery called ME"
There are two approaches on how to view ME.
- One considers the diagnosis as a somatic disease, caused by infection or a disease where the immune system is activated in a non-appropriate way (an auto immune disease). The other considers ME as a psychosomatic illness where body and soul are closely intertwined and influence each other. The clinical picture is considered completely genuine, even if the doctor can not find a physiological explanation, says Sulheim.
- Our research team considers ME as a psychosomatic illness, and view the body as a whole, explains the paediatrician

Yes. This was said in 2016 by a doctor who is doing research on ME.. :bang-head:

Last edited:
If she really wanted to help it would not be hold so secret what they do there, and it would not cost crazy amounts of money.