• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

no succinic acid in organic acid test

xks201

I had a genova test which showed my body made no succinic acid in the krebs cycle. It recommended b6 and magnesium basically. Any ideas?

I had a genova test which showed my body made no succinic acid in the krebs cycle. It recommended b6 and magnesium basically. Any ideas?
I think "normal" ranges for succinic acid typically go down to zero. Basically it should be moving along quickly to form other substances. Generally the abnormality would be if succinic acid were too high, indicating a problem converting it into something useful.

dannybex

I think "normal" ranges for succinic acid typically go down to zero. Basically it should be moving along quickly to form other substances. Generally the abnormality would be if succinic acid were too high, indicating a problem converting it into something useful.

Interesting, thanks Valentijn. Mine was also at zero on the genova test, but they suggested mag, B1, B2 and B3 as helpful and listed mercury, arsenic and antimony as interfering/blocking...

If it's at zero however, how can it move on to form fumaric, etc.?

Thanks in advance.