• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

*no* response to high dose methyl b vitamins

xena

Weird right?

Previously I was getting overwhelmed with ammonia symptoms if I took any b6/p5p.... Now I'm taking up to 10 mg mthf, 5 mg mb12, 50 mg p5p, 100 mg riboflavin... And... Nothing

Except diarrhea from the mannitol in the folate pills

I did get a response just eating foods like liver or Lentils or even meat... I'm feeling like the high dose mthf / mb12 is throwing something off, but not sure what

@aaron_c @ahmo @caledonia

vortex

I assume you have verified you have MTHFR,

But since you have had no response I am wondering what exactly are your defects ?

Also, maybe some other background on what health issue you have, is it cfs or anything else?

I know that high unmetabolized folic acid can block the effects of methylfolate.
Do you eat alot of products that have fortification and or lots of greens like salads?