• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No More Spring (Pollen) Allergy???

Changexpert

5 years ago I switched to vegetarian/fish diet for two months, and I only ate rice, fish, and veggies. No bread, no flour food, no fried food... It was a very depressing experience. Of course, I did this to improve my health, specifically for acne at that time. Ironically, my health degraded so much and for the first time in my life I had pollen allergy that spring. Since then, I had pollen allergy every spring.

Last year, I was extremely sick, especially after mb12 with folic acid (not methylfolate) and became sensitive to a lot food, histamine, and thiol. I had so much digestive issue at one point with constant dysphagia (first time), constipation, heartburn (first time) and painful hemorrhoids. I felt irritated very easily and highly sensitivite to environmental factors like noise level, dust, and chemicals.

Somehow, I have recovered from most of the symptoms now, although I still have mild digestive issues. I feel fatigued quite often, which is the reason why I am on this forum. Good news is, I am not reacting to pollen anymore somehow. I do not have itchy eyes or runny nose! Maybe it's a small gift I've received after going through all the havoc last year. I can't really pinpoint what supplements or protocols led me to this achievement, but ones that I suspect are parasite cleanse, quercetin/bromelain for mast cell deactivation, lactoferrin for immune boost, and potentially liver cleanse. Maybe methylation helped too.

If you have conquered allergy (not just pollen) in the past, could you please share your story? I am really curious about how my body recovered and trying to see if there's a linkage. I would sincerely appreciate your comments.

Last edited:
For me it's 800mcg l-metylfolate and 5mg MB12 makes my pollen allergy gone in 15 minutes. I'm hetero C677T and A1298C MTHFR. I can stay in the garden and feel absolutely zero allergy. This is great.