• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

no more gains after 5 months- and problems with mercury

Freddd

Thanks Fredd,

I will go and get a potassium level check. After I have had the test I might try the slt substitute to see if it helps

Potassium gluconate taken with food still caused me problems, so I will wait and see what the test results are.

My symptoms are puzzle to me, and have worsened in the last month, so i think it is a good idea to stop the cocoa, pycynogel and grape seed extract- all said to increase nitric oxide ( and I know B12 is a nitric oxide scavenger) so just perhaps I have been undermining the benefits through taking these other suppleents. I also think stopping the chlorella might be a good idea as i am not sure wht t is doing.

I will get back when I have got some more information abot potassium and done some experimenting with these road blocks as you say.

Thanks also Adster about the advice on lower dose tril of DMSA- I went back on my notes and know that the round I did used 25mg DMSA tablets, I think cut into /4 or 1/8- cannot rememeber. I might try and let everything settle for me for a while and if I am up to it, I will trial another round using the 6 mg DMSA tablets and cut these into 1/8- a much lower dose and it would be interesting to see how I react.

Thanks all for your help.

Hi Suzzanne,

Excellent!. think that these problems can all be overcome. You can drink Gatoraide, right? Then diluted enough potassium doesn't bother you. Gatoraide has too much suger and stuff and not enough potassium.

Thanks all for your suggestions.

I am very sick at the moment- i am getting back to back migraine every 24 hours (last 3 days) - the migraines have been worse in intensity and frequency.

Something is going horribly wrong for me. the migraines were the worst i have had for years- i have been vomiting as they progress to their full blown state.

I am not able to answer all your quetsions today, fredd, but here is a short response:
Do you have kidney problems No Is your urine cloudy? No

Do you have heart arythmias? No

Do you have digestive system bloating and /or spasms with the nausea? Some problems with digestion- low bile and pancreas problems. When i have my worst headaches ( not talking about migranes here) I do often have nausea at the same time- the charcoal helps the headache reduce a little, sometimes helps the nausea and also the itchy skin.

I cannot tolerate potassium ( makes my guts burn) and i have tried so many different forms of potassium - including liuid form on my wrists- still caused the stomach burning ( high up). I take celery seed extract instead- said to be high in potassiuma dn causes me no grief.

I am so desperate to get back to a base line, that I have given up the following supplements to see what happens over the next week:
grape seed extract
pycynegol
no super fruits like acai, mangosteen, pomegranate
no cocoa ( I added this with my smoothie a few weeks ago and did not include with my list of supplements)
no chlorella

I do not know which if any of these are causing problems, but I have read that high nitric oxide can result in migraines. i am wondering if some/any of the above may be making my nitric oxide level too high? Anyway I will see what happens when i take them out. It may just be an accumulation of the chlorella and the incrrease of the chlorella to 4 g, but dont know for sure.

I also read that mangosteen and cocoa increase nitric oxide so this may be a problem?

I am trying to go back to a more basic protocol and will report in soon- unless you have any mbetter idea about what I might do.

I would not take pycnogenol if you are suffering from headaches. It can induce tnf production and make inflammation worse, causing headaches and activating viruses. Garlic and many other supplements and herbs can also do this.

I agree with the comments about zinc deficiency, and the possible need to correct it. I don't know your medical history but have you been evaluated for pyrrole disorder? Assuming all of the more common things which cause frequent headaches have been ruled out (/wMRI, etc),then I would consider pyrrole disorder as a possibility.

In the mean time, you may find some relief from the headaches by taking the combination of feverfew and magnesium supplementation.

Several people I personally know have used this combination to resolve their migraines completely:

http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Feverfew-100-Capsules/2449?at=0

http://www.iherb.com/Olympian-Labs-Inc-Magnesium-Citrate-100-Capsules/9701?at=0

I suggest two capsules of each, twice daily with food. Good luck and let us know how you do.

Freddd

Hi Suzanne,

Let's consider headaches. I suffered from chronic daily headaches and a 3-5 day killer each 2 weeks. This went on more than 6 years. I charted them every day and after 6 years I figured out the cycle and was able to abort the killers. However, the daily chronic ones were of a different cause. They were thecaused by excrucatingly sore muscles and veins in my neck, jaw and scalp. The tight muscles, exhausted and contracted, are very painful. When the contractures in my neck went away, and the muscles normalized, and the inflammation in the veuns went away, the headaches went away. All this normalized over a two year period with mb12, adb12, l-carnitine fumarate, omega3 oils and cofactors including magnesium. And again, potassium may be a player. So for that, the question comes down to finding what decreases the inflammation of your stomach. For me, adding mb12 to the whole set of basic vitamins and minerals that I had taken for years removed most of the digestive system inflammation. I was taking Compazine supositories for daily nausea and vomitting. Can you find the sore veins and muscles or anything of the sort?

Perhaps the omly way to take some potassium is get one of the powders that goes into a drink and use it at perhpas 10% stength or whatever isn't irritating. So instead of a measuring teaspoon per glass or whatever it calls for, you use a shy 1/8th teaspoon more often. Potassium is strange in that regard. At low concentration it can taste sweet whreas at higher concentration it tases salty.