• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

No Factive....available

soxfan

Well...my husband who is a pharmacist just let me know that Factive is on long term back order from the manufacturer. So basically that means who knows when it will be available...as my husband is thinking months.

I now have to call my doctor to let him know and find out what he wants to use instead. I have been on so many combos that I am not sure what is left to try....In the past I have been on Rifampin...Factive...Bactrim...Zithromax...Levaquin...Biaxin...and that was just for Bartonella. I have been on many others for Lyme.

Anybody have any thoughts on what else I could take along with Rifampin?? I will let you all know what the doctor says.....

Ema

Doxycycline, minocycline, telithromycin, clarithromycin, Cipro, or Levaquin.

The macrolides work better with the addition of Plaquenil.

I'm not a big fan of the use of the fluoroquinolones in ME/CFS due to the interactions with GABA and potentially glutamate. But they are effective against Bart.

soxfan

I have been on Rifampin/Mino and Rifampin/Doxy in the past but only on Levaquin by itself. I have also been on Biaxin/Plaquenil/Amoxicillin.

I am going to ask about adding the Plaquenil when I hear back from him on what he wants me to take...Thanks!