• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NKC function

Can anyone tell me if NKC function should improve after ones health returns and they are in remission ? Has anyone's had their NKC increase after treatment ?thank u. !!

Seven7

Seven
Mine has increased (just from 0.3 to the top of the range forgot if 5 or 8%). LDN got my NK cells the faster up. I do see corresponding increase in feeling better (not more energy) just the sick feeling is mostly gone.

SOC

My daughter's NK cell function improved from low to high normal after treatment with inosine. Although her NK cell function has increased, her numbers are still very low. :( She is currently in remission (depending on your definition of remission), but we do not attribute that to inosine. She improved substantially before she took inosine.

As a side note, my NK cell function was high normal or slightly high even when I was bedbound and housebound, so normal (or high) NK cell function is no guarantee of a remission.

Thanks everyone. Think tank r u in remission? My situation is I am in remission with NKC function of 6. but have a daughter with active CfS and NKC function of 3 and another daughter and son that have high titers of herpes 6 EBV and mycoplasma pneumonia AND have low NKC function of 11 and 5. !! But they have no CFS symptoms. We r so worried they will also get this disease. Any advice or story u can share about this?

Oops SOC is your daughter still on inosine? If not is she able to retain her numbers or does the function decrease once off the inosine ? Thx for any help

SOC

Oops SOC is your daughter still on inosine? If not is she able to retain her numbers or does the function decrease once off the inosine ? Thx for any help
She will go off inosine when she runs out of her current supply. We'll see how her NK cell function is affected over the next 6-8 months... unless she starts to feel worse or have an increase in symptoms in which case she'll probably go back on the inosine before the test results are in since the experiment is not worth compromising her remission.