• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NIH April meeting agenda -- will be open to the public!

Hope123

The NIH State of the Knowledge Conference will be open to the public. People can attend in person (there is a space to ask for disability accomomdations) and the Conference will also be webcasted live and archived for later viewing.

Unlike the CFSAC meetings, this is primarily a scientific meeting but I encourage people to watch it live or later as

1) the government counts how many people view the meetings
2) you might learn something new!
3) you can write to NIH about anything that doesn't make sense or doesn't ring true
with your experience of ME/CFS

I also encourage our international friends to watch and participate. As the PACE study shows, science is international and what is discussed here might well too affect the science in your countries.

State of the Knowledge Workshop
Myalgic Encephalomyelitis/Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME/CFS) Research

April 7-8, 2011

Building 31, Conference Room 6C10
National Institutes of Health, Bethesda, MD 20892

This NIH workshop will bring together subject experts who will discuss multiple aspects of ME/CFS, including epidemiology, etiology, pathophysiology, diagnosis and treatment. The workshop panelists will identify gaps in knowledge and opportunities for new biomedical research.

Workshop Agenda, Online Registration, and Visitor/Hotel Information. This workshop is open to the public. Please note that attendance is limited, and we encourage registration for those attending in person. For those who are unable to attend, the workshop will be available via NIH VideoCasting (http://videocast.nih.gov/) both during and after the event.

Individuals with disabilities who need reasonable accommodation should indicate your needs on the registration or contact Infinity Conference Group at (703) 925-9455 ext. 0 or by e-mail at icg@infinityconferences.com. Sign Language Interpreters can be provided if requested.

This workshop is sponsored by the NIH Office of Research on Womens Health in collaboration with the Trans-NIH ME/CFS Research Working Group.

Just as important as who will be speaking is who will be listening to the speakers. I wonder if a list of attendees will be made.

It would be interesting in the future to see if any of the attendees actually put in for ME/CFS research grants and or recieve ME/CFS research grants in the future.

That will be the best way to measure the conferences success at stimulating new research.

WillowJ

คภภเє ɠรค๓թєl
but the preliminary agena is super amazing. Thanks and kudos to Dr. Dennis Mangan and the other folks from NIH and AHRQ*, Dr. Lenny Jason, Dr. Nancy Klimas, Mary Schwitzer, Dr. Suzanne Vernon, Pat Fero, Ken Friedman, and whomever else was tapped to work on the project, for all their ongoing work in putting this together!

*(I think some of our emails paid off that someone from AHRQ randomly volunteered to help)

justinreilly

but the preliminary agena is super amazing. Thanks and kudos to Dr. Dennis Mangan and the other folks from NIH and AHRQ*, Dr. Lenny Jason, Dr. Nancy Klimas, Mary Schwitzer, Dr. Suzanne Vernon, Pat Fero, Ken Friedman, and whomever else was tapped to work on the project, for all their ongoing work in putting this together!

*(I think some of our emails paid off that someone from AHRQ randomly volunteered to help)

Wow, the agenda really is great! Only biomed topics, no psychiatry or psychology!!