• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

Nice Article In Australian Paper

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
They describe ME well. https://www.thesaturdaypaper.com.au/2016/08/06/rethinking-chronic-fatigue-syndrome/14704056003560

“I’m typing this lying in my dark bedroom with my eyes closed, on a dark screen with earplugs in,” writes 45-year-old Anna Kennedy, a Melbourne-based clinical psychologist, in one of our first email exchanges.

“It’s a rotten place for me to be as I’m a relater at heart. I love conversations. I find people fascinating, always have. It’s like being in a prison, having ME.”

When she’s at her worst, Kennedy has difficulty talking or processing information, and is completely bedbound. She calls it her “ragdoll” mode. For two years she had 24-hour nausea; noise, light, movement and sound sensitivities; head and spine pain; flu-like symptoms; could hardly stand up; and lost the ability to digest food properly.

“I would never describe this as fatigue,” she says ruefully.

They talk about the work being done at the National Centre for Neuroimmunology and Emerging Diseases at Griffith University in Queensland and the Millions Missing activism. They tie it all up in a bow at the end by describing the negative impact the activism has had on one organizers health and the dilemma she faces: keep doing it, but be unable to care for her family, or stop, and take care of her family.

Never Give Up

Collecting improvements, until there's a cure.
Oops, missed that. Would a moderator kindly delete mine? Thank you.