• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NHS Direct has an article promoting PACE

user9876

http://www.nhs.uk/news/2015/10Octob...rapy-useful-for-chronic-fatigue-syndrome.aspx

Basically promoting PACE and unaware of the issues with the trial. Also they seem happy to spin a null result with Sharpe's excuses for failure.

"ME can be beaten by positive thinking and taking more exercise," is the rather simplistic message from the Daily Mail following the results of a long-term study involving 481 people.

The study compared four types of treatment for chronic fatigue syndrome (CFS), a condition where people feel so persistently exhausted they cannot function, also called myalgic encephalomyelitis (ME). Researchers found positive results for two types of treatment lasted for at least two years.

Research 1st

Severe ME, POTS & MCAS.
I'm waiting for an NHS Direct article that links CFS to POTS and that informs the public CFS sufferers cannot donate blood, umbilical cord, bone marrow.

That might be wishful thinking though, as it would be educating the public.

PACE is much more simple. Cut 'n paste, and tow the communist party line, although CBT and GET is attractive to both Marxists and Capitalists.

Cost effective.
Simple to follow
Safe.
Effective.

All of which can be sold to the private health care sector for money and the media for propaganda.

beaker

ME/cfs 1986
For a minute I thought NIH and about had a cow.
But not good that it is NHS either. Sorry UK peeps.
This sucks.
and it takes so much freakin' energy to deal with ( advocacy wise ) that it makes me want to scream.
I'll tweet instead.

user9876

For a minute I thought NIH and about had a cow.
But not good that it is NHS either. Sorry UK peeps.
This sucks.
and it takes so much freakin' energy to deal with ( advocacy wise ) that it makes me want to scream.
I'll tweet instead.

We should not read anything about official policy into the article. I suspect they just have a news organization (actually and external company is credited) that feeds them with current stuff. And that will have been fed by the SMC press conference.