Julie Rehmeyer's 'Through the Shadowlands'
Writer Never Give Up talks about Julie Rehmeyer's new book "Through the Shadowlands: A Science Writer's Odyssey into an Illness Science Doesn't Understand" and shares an interview with Julie ...
Discuss the article on the Forums.

New website on severe ME

Discussion in 'Advocacy Projects' started by Naomi10, Nov 28, 2018.

1. Naomi10

Naomi10

I have created a website on severe ME:

“A Life Hidden is dedicated to those shut away from the world because of the intense suffering of ME (myalgic encephalomyelitis). This site is a collection of my advocacy work, and I hope that it will serve as a resource for anyone wishing to understand more about the illness.

In raising awareness of ME, my greatest inspiration comes from friends and loved ones whose every moment is consumed by the most extreme physical suffering. They are alone and forgotten by the world, but every day demonstrate the most immense courage, simply by continuing their struggle to survive.

Through my writing, I have become less hidden. I want to use my voice to speak for those who cannot.”

www.alifehidden.com

[​IMG]

Last edited: Nov 28, 2018
  2. DoggerFisher

DoggerFisher Senior Member

It's amazing @Naomi10 I'm in awe of what you've managed to achieve.

outdamnspot, Naomi10, Mary and 2 others like this.
  3. mrquasar

mrquasar Senior Member

Houston, TX USA
    @Naomi10 Thank you for taking the time to create the site and spread greater awareness. :thumbsup:

jesse's mom, Naomi10, Mary and 2 others like this.
  4. Shoshana

Shoshana Northern USA

Northern USA
    @sunshine44 Did you see this post above, here? I thought you might like to.

Thank you @Naomi10 !

5. Mary

Mary Moderator

Southern California
    @Naomi10, I'm also in awe of what you've done. I just read your section (essay?) on the Power of Listening which was used in a training seminar for junior doctors - wow - extremely well said! A very brief excerpt:

6. Naomi10

Naomi10

Thank you everyone - I really appreciate your comments.

7. Seven (formerly lnester7)

Seven (formerly lnester7) Seven

USA
    Beautiful Blog, Looking forward to read more, I agree and I am trying to speak up too, and I just posted a video on call to action, we have more power than we realized to control the narrative with very simple little steps. I hope we wake up as a group and move the narrative on the right direction.

Mary, Naomi10, Joh and 1 other person like this.
  8. jesse's mom

jesse's mom Senior Member

Alabama USA
    What a wonderful job you are doing! I emailed the link about listening to my stepdaughter is a young nurse, she is going to link some friends who are studying to be Nurse Practitioners who have compassion for me.

We are going to try to get it around the medical school students at University of South Alabama, Medical School. There is almost no knowledge in the local medical community, but I see the younger people coming around a bit.

Mary, Jessie 107, Naomi10 and 5 others like this.
  9. Naomi10

Naomi10

That's great news. It's so important to educate medical professionals, especially when they're starting out. Thank you for sharing it.

mrquasar, Joh and jesse's mom like this.

See more popular forum discussions.