• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

NEW Turnip contest entry needs votes, $5000 at stake!

Did you vote for the Turnip Neti Video?

• Yes

Votes: 33 97.1%
  • No

Votes: 1 2.9%

• Total voters

Dolphin

Bumping. Still at 3.

As turnips age, do they find it harder to get roles? In the not so distant future, might we find ourselves asking, Where are they now?
:Retro smile: Hopefully the stars will remember what gave them their big break and raise a bit of awareness in red carpet interviews. ;)

helen41

so funny Merry. Actually, our particular turnips will be taking on a whole new character in the spring (as compost)
I checked the views of the top few entries. We look good

#1 Believe- it was the night..- 10 comments............. 648 views
#2 Neilmed Neti Pot................57 comments.............338 views
#3 Turnips for Netipot.............53 comments.............654 views
#4 How to use the Netipot.......32 comments.............298 views
#5 Momma's got Clear.............50 comments.............197 views
#6 Netipot Challenge................1 comment...............1043 views
#7 Netipot Holiday....................7 comments.............381 views

Merry

Compost! Is there a smiley face that even comes close to the emotion I'm feeling right now?

Yes, Helen, the numbers look encouraging indeed. And the judges will love your video.

frenchtulip

Is there any reason we can't post a blurb on the CFIDS Assn. Facebook site? There is a lot of traffic there.

helen41

Woohoo! That's $1000 for each group! now we have to hang onto that spot for 3 days. Is there anyone who would feel comfortable pursuing the CFIDS assoc site? I don't have a connection there

Dolphin

As well as CAA, there are lots and lots of Facebook groups not attached to any one non-profit if one searches for CFS, FMS, etc. And non-profits outside North America would be less likely to be annoyed than the CAA that they're not getting money, is my guess. Not saying the CAA would do anything.

helen41

I just posted on Action for ME and asked if the pacing forum on facebook could post a reminder. I think we need a pretty big push to hold our position- I'm sure the person we usurped is not going to be pleased! Can anyone else think of a place?

Cort

Phoenix Rising Founder
so funny Merry. Actually, our particular turnips will be taking on a whole new character in the spring (as compost)
I checked the views of the top few entries. We look good

#1 Believe- it was the night..- 10 comments............. 648 views
#2 Neilmed Neti Pot................57 comments.............338 views
#3 Turnips for Netipot.............53 comments.............654 views
#4 How to use the Netipot.......32 comments.............298 views
#5 Momma's got Clear.............50 comments.............197 views
#6 Netipot Challenge................1 comment...............1043 views
#7 Netipot Holiday....................7 comments.............381 views

We are the bomb! That is too cool!

glenp

"and this too shall pass"
I just posted on Action for ME and asked if the pacing forum on facebook could post a reminder. I think we need a pretty big push to hold our position- I'm sure the person we usurped is not going to be pleased! Can anyone else think of a place?

How about a post at health post canada _ I got banned when I posted about xmrv there and when i go back I cant get in, I guess they must go by ip addy

http://www.healthpost.ca/

helen41

...................................comments....sun.....mon....tues.//.views....sun.....mon....tues
#1 Believe- it was the night................10.......10..........................648....673
#2 Turnips for Netipot........................53.......55..........................654....670
#3 Neilmed Neti Pot...........................57.......59..........................338....362
#4 How to use the Netipot..................32.......33..........................298....308
#5 Momma's got Clear........................50.......52..........................197.....214
#6 Netipot Challenge..........................1.........1..........................1043....1053

frenchtulip

co-cure.org

Has anyone mentioned the contest in the Advocacy section of co-cure.org? If not, would it be appropriate to do so? I must confess I do not know how to do that.

helen41

Dec 16- I began the thread describing an unpleasant interaction. The contest is over, and the interaction is no longer relevant, so I edited and removed it.....

Dec 13 I could be insulted, but I think I'll interpret it this way. We are a major threat and we've done an amazing job at doing this the right way. Besides, in real life I actually don't resemble any of those turnips. So there!
I won't take this further but I am concerned we might get some nasty comments tomorrow from this person. We must be hitting a nerve. I think our best response is to be upbeat, oblivious, continue on with our positive comments, and VOTE!

Tony

Still working on it all..
Yeah, those turnips are looking mighty cool now! It will be really interesting to see if your video wins Helen, as I do believe it can. It's more creative than the others so the judges should take note...:) No cares about ignorant comments. This is something good and positive to vote for!

frenchtulip

How rude!

I asked for people to vote for us on a contest website today and a competitor in our contest posted a few hours later "Your video's give the contest a bad name... What a big joke if ever you win... Just my honest opinion. stalker alert! get a life please... lose those pounds.."
I could be insulted, but I think I'll interpret it this way. We are a major threat and we've done an amazing job at doing this the right way. Besides, in real life I actually don't resemble any of those turnips. So there!
I won't take this further but I am concerned we might get some nasty comments tomorrow from this person. We must be hitting a nerve. I think our best response is to be upbeat, oblivious, continue on with our positive comments, and VOTE!

Is there a way to report the rude comments to the website administrator?