• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New to this & starting active B supps

Just an FYI for others, I seem to be feeling much better now that I've re-introduced the chromium picolinate. My low potassium symptoms are now much less extreme (though still present if I don't supplement) and can now be corrected with 600mg-1200mg where previously they weren't responding to 2000mg.

I've read that hypoglycemia causes an increase in potassium uptake to the cells. So, as a warning to others, if you have hypoglycemia issues be especially aware of low potassium. The two in tandem are highly unpleasant. Also, if you do have hypoglycemia and you haven't tried supplementing with chromium picolinate, I highly recommend giving it a try. I take 500mg of Solgar brand each morning and it has completely eliminated hypoglycemic episodes. My hypoglycemia issues come rushing back after just a few days without chromium.