• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New STD? What You Should Know About Mycoplasma Genitalium

Hip

Why should researchers look for, or expect, a correlation between Mycoplasma genitalium and toxoplasmosis?

antares4141

I probably could have articulated a little better. I don't expect them to look for a correlation between Mycoplasma genitalium and toxoplasmosis. I do expect them to screen subjects (say a 1000 people with cfs) for conditions like these which are prevalent and a correlation is plausible. (like they did with xmri and ebsteen bar) Specifically to see if there is any correlation between any of them and CFS.

Groggy Doggy

I probably could have articulated a little better. I don't expect them to look for a correlation between Mycoplasma genitalium and toxoplasmosis. I do expect them to screen subjects (say a 1000 people with cfs) for conditions like these which are prevalent and a correlation is plausible. (like they did with xmri and ebsteen bar) Specifically to see if there is any correlation between any of them and CFS.

@antares4141

http://www.cdc.gov/std/tg2015/emerging.htm

Looks like its already on the CDC's radar as an emerging issue. Yes, I agree. People with our symptoms should be sceened for all STD's as a first step to understand if this is the cause of our illness. I don't understand the hesitation either. I had to ask my PCP to test me for every STD I could think of.