• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Open Medicine Foundation Video: Ron Davis Reports on "Fast-Tracking" ME/CFS Research

alex3619

Interesting point there - we've been thinking for some time that there could be a dozen or more diseases under the ME/CFS umbrella but what if it's just one after all?
I have been thinking two or more diseases. There are big differences in many studies with about a one third and two third split. Rituximab follows this pattern too. However if there is a major genetic factor (or several) determining specific response then it could easily be one disease. For now it pays to presume either could be the case.

Gingergrrl

I have been thinking two or more diseases.

I actually think that the ME/CFS umbrella term encompasses many different similar and overlapping diseases. But whether it is one disease or 100 different but similar diseases (just represented here on PR alone), I have no doubt that Ron Davis's team and OMF will get to the bottom of it.