• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Moms on a Mission contest--NIDA in the running--Voting Dec. 5th-15th

frenchtulip

New Moms on a Mission contest--$5,000 prize--Will help Dr. Peterson's ME/CFS research

There is a new contest, Moms on a Mission, sponsored by Blue Shield of California. The newly formed Neuro-Immune Disease Alliance (NIDA) is in the running. NIDA funds a research initiative at Simmaron Research (Dr. Daniel Peterson's research on cytokines at Bond University). The nonprofit was formed by Don and Linda Tannenbaum, whose daughter has ME/CFS. They want to help her and the 17 million worldwide who have this illness. For more information, NIDA's website is at: www.nidalliance.org. The Moms on a Mission contest is on Facebook at: https://apps.facebook.com/momsonamission/contests/167049/voteable_entries/38250500 The cash prize is $5,000, which is to be matched, making it $10,000. Please vote in Moms on a Mission contest to help ME/CFS research, and post it on your Facebook wall. You can vote from anywhere around the world, and it appears it is just a one-time vote. Voting period is Dec 5-15. There are only 17 orgs in the contest! We could have a real shot of winning this one! Thanks for your help!

eric_s

Thanks for mentioning this one. 5000$ is not a bad prize, if you think that it's just a one time vote and more importantly there seem to be only 17 charities in the running... Or did i get that wrong? I think it's correct, only 17... So it should be possible to win.

frenchtulip

Yes, Eric. As far as I know, there are only 17 in the running. NIDA and another one were added today. I think we could have a real shot at this one. Everyone reading this, please help spread the word. This contest could help ME/CFS patients around the world. Thanks.

eric_s

Hi everybody

We have checked with NIDA and can now exactly tell you what the 5000$ would be used for:

They would go to Dr. Peterson's cytokine studies at Bond University in Australia, through Simmaron Research.

The entire 5000$ would go to this project plus they would be matched!!

So please vote, these look like fairly easy 10'000$ for a very good project.

There's more information about NIDA, Simmaron and the Bond University studies here: http://www.nidalliance.org/ways-to-help.html

Battery Muncher

Voted!

Quick thought - I don't know how many people have voted, but there hasn't been much of a response (in this thread). Maybe you could put the cash prize in the thread title? e.g Win $10000 for ME research!