• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New methylcobalamin product - Bioceuticals

Matt_C

Bioceuticals is an Australian brand and they just released a methylcobalamin product. Our Therapeutic Goods Administration recently approved the use of methylcobalamin and this is the first to market.

https://www.bioceuticals.com.au/product/preview/Methyl-B12-Chewable

It's a 5mg pill that comes in a bottle of 60 for around $24AUD. The pills are tiny, makes it obvious how much junk is in those other pills for Jarrow and even Enzymatic Therapy. Not denying their quality, especially the Enzy's, but they do contain a lot of other ingredients including some artificial sweeteners and flavours which i'm not particularly a fan of. These Bioceuticals pills are flavour free and the only other listed ingredient is lactose. I just bought some so i'll post my experience with them here.

Matt_C

I also just found this product: http://www.methylpro.com/product/175 that I haven't seen mentioned before.

They have methylfolate in 2.5mg, 5mg, 10mg and 15mg bottles (price for 2.5mg caps is $12.75, 15mg is $30 for 30 caps or $78 for 90 caps) and quatrefolic in 5mg, 10mg and 15mg (price for 15mg 30 caps is $45). This seems like very good value, especially for those who need huge doses.

Matt_C

I went down to Dr Earth in Newtown and grabbed one off the shelf. They also have methylfolate 500mcg. If you find someone who stocks it just speak to the staff and tell them why you need it and they'll usually sell it to you. The website has a "stockists" section and will show you where you can get it.

Matt_C

@Freddd...I was wondering if you would be able to give your opinion/rating on this Bioceuticals product? I could send a bottle to you to sample if you're interested. I'd like to know whether it ranks as a "5 star" brand.

Cheers

Matt_C

Initial observations...I have some definite immediate reaction to the Bioceuticals MB12. Not as intense as 5mg with Jarrow all at once which I tried for the first time yesterday. Prior to that I had been taking 5mg over 4-6 hours. Because the pill is so small it dissolved in about an hour or so, it would be difficult to keep it there much longer. That's an advantage of the bigger pills from Jarrow and Enzy. I'll keep experimenting and post my results.