• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Medical Director of WPI--Kenny De Meirleir M.D., Ph.D.

Guido den Broeder

It is Nexavir.

Sushi

Formerly know as Kutapressin. Not quite on par with targeted antivirals as Valganciclovir, but still something we can't get in The Netherlands. So there is a lot of traffic of Dutch patients to Belgium. I remember asking him to accept Dutch patients way back in 2000 or so.

Basically, I figure, the treatment that DML provides takes care of secondary infections. That can make you feel a lot better, but it does not cure ME and they will come back eventually.

Personally I don't have any kind of income or savings so it is all out of my reach anyway.

Erik Johnson

Dr Fredericks the endocrinologist moved out of the downstairs office. I suppose that is where Dr DeMeirleir will be.

Sparrowhawk

Hope he can make some headway once he joins the outfit. I wasn't aware they were even able to continue, post their leadership, legal and PR issues. Assume there's lots of inertia to overcome at that place, to get things rolling again.

I agree with someone above who said he will probably direct things but grunt research will be done by other people. Would be very hard to carry on a robust research program with full involvement when you're only onsite <X days a year.

SOC

Would be very hard to carry on a robust research program with full involvement when you're only onsite <X days a year.

Not really. It's so easy to communicate at a distance these days. Project leaders do the immediate management of their own projects. The medical director is likely supervising the project leaders -- developing the research plan, reviewing research reports, and so on. That doesn't take day-to-day onsite presence. With today's communication methods, being in another country is not much worse than being in the corner office at the other end of the building. ;)

Daffodil

hi atoska. i am told he will be seeing patients both in reno and in belgium. looks like a lot of traveling for him