• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of and finding treatments for complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia (FM), long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New Lipkin/Hornig publication imminent?

Marco

Grrrrrrr!
Cort Johnson's blog dated 31 March suggests a new Lipkin/Hornig paper is due to be published and may identify sub-sets :

Three studies from Lipkin and Hornig at Columbia are expected to be published shortly with one to be published next week. Don’t be surprised if, based on Lipkin’s comments, the CII lays the groundwork for something the chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS) community has been waiting for a long time: evidence of biologically determined subsets, or in Lipkin’s words, direct evidence that ME/CFS is made up of a “complex set of disorders”.

http://simmaronresearch.com/2017/03...chronic-fatigue-simmaron-science-contributes/

Forbin

Lipkin's quote...

“We now have a great deal of evidence to support that this is not only real, but a complex set of disorders. We are gathering clues that will lead to controlled clinical trials.”

...could mean that there are patient subsets, each with a different disorder, or I suppose it could mean that ME/CFS is a "complex set of disorders" (with multiple things going wrong) in each patient.

Either way, sounds like it could be exciting stuff.

Last edited: