• Welcome to Phoenix Rising!

Created in 2008, Phoenix Rising is the largest and oldest forum dedicated to furthering the understanding of, and finding treatments for, complex chronic illnesses such as chronic fatigue syndrome (ME/CFS), fibromyalgia, long COVID, postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome (POTS), mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS), and allied diseases.

To become a member, simply click the Register button at the top right.

New info from Ben Lynch - Preventing Methylfolate Side Effects

soulfeast

I'm sorry for coming on so strong! I actually have questions about taurine which I have not looked into yet.. or questioned yet on her board (I think.. if so it was so long ago I have forgotten). I'm not sure her stance on that fully. I don't get if one can dump only taurine.. and why one would do that unless it's due to CBS "dumping" it. I would love to hear more perspectives on that and Yasko's full perspective on that. I know she highly suspects CBS is not in check and metabolites are rushing down "the drain".. creating taurine instead of glutathione.. but I don't know if she thinks there could be other reasons for the taurine dumping (which I had last test) especially when it is the only amino acid that is dumping/excreting in high amounts in urine. ??

I also question her on BH4 and have asked in her forum about that So far, the moderators as usual and expected in her forum, refer back to statements she has made in the past. It takes some consistent questioning to bring her into the room, so to speak, to further address questioning. I get that. She is very busy and she actually has come in and addressed several questions I have persistently asked.

She says that biopterin along with NADH and liver extract will create BH4. I think through some recycling process.. not sure. I dropped this when other pressing concerns came up for me personally. Her supplements which support BH4 production contain those ingredients and she refers to them , but I cannot find literature to back that up.

So I don't think she is perfect.. or I don't perfectly understand her.. ?? But there are times when he theory is taken to black and white extremes with these "pat" statements that are just not right. She does believe CBS is upregulated. I'm to sure what Lynch has to add to the concept that it is downregulated other than to stake his position with that position. ?? And I'm not sure he actually does that? Emphatically?

There is a massive and well organized library of material in Yaskos' forum and moderators who are willing to point the way by strictly referring to her previous writings (there are pros and cons to that: no one gives their take or Yasko.. they quote Yasko, but no one thinks beyond the quotes until Yasko herself does.. it that makes sense. or until she shares expanded thought beyond the quotes). You really have to work with her to get how she works.

I stand corrected re Dr. Yasko and sulfur/sulfite/sulfate. Thanks @soulfeast! :)

Valentijn

Yasko never advised to reduce sulfur long term. She goes by your test results and uses genetics as a guide not as law.
The CBS SNPs which she tests are mostly irrelevant to gene function, and she grossly inflates the effects which CBS C699T is actually capable of producing. +/+ for that one is a mild and beneficial up-regulation, not a sulfur problem.

daniariete2000

Hi,

anyboby tested the seeking health supplements of Dr. Lynch regarding methylfolate and methylcobalamin ?

Thanks

Daniele